Wednesday 9 March 2011

Sketchup models - first stage

For the above ground space I have chosen vulnerable and the below ground space revolves around the notion of organic.
I have chosen this particular design because of its simplicity as well as its complex form and nature. The above ground space reflects the notion of vulnerability as the proposed working space (open white area) is clearly exposed to the outside world. Furthermore the overall scale of the space is also explored as this also contributes and explores the idea of vulnerability. The below ground space is much less controlled and clearly represents the notion of organic as I explore the idea of roots and its significance. 

I have developed my sketchup model through different stages as I looked at each space separately to further understand each space in a three dimensional factor.

My developed design of the two spaces so far -  
 I explored the above ground space further by enhancing the idea of an exposed space and the structural curves also alludes to the notion of "opening" which clearly reflects the sense of vulnerability. I have explored the below ground space in a different manner as it is much more sharp and controlled. The reason behind this was because I wanted to juxtapose both the spaces. However I still explored the notion of roots and the structural elements throughout the space also alludes to the idea of growth and strength which reinforces the central concept of organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment